Deleting files from UDF cd

From: Don Hickey (dhickey_at_attglobal.net)
Date: 02/20/04

Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 16:31:05 -0600

I'm trying to delete files from a CD/RW created with Windows XP & Roxio
DirectCD. The fstab entry is as follows:

/dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom udf,iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu,rw 0 0

It won't mount except read-only no matter what I do.

Am I trying to do something not available in Linux? I'm running Fedora
Core 1.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: DirectCD will cause Windows to become unstable
    ... DirectCD is part of Easy CD Creator, first an Adaptec product (about version ... but pathces are still accessible through the Roxio ... DirectCd to be buggy, but at least it did not cause system level errors. ... > "A driver is installed that causes stability problems with your system. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: usb mount point control
    ... i decided to upgrade my fc10 to fc11. ... and this bought me the assurance that upon mount, ... where i'd find my sd card files. ... With that fstab entry, you should have gotten the same error in F10. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: DirectCD unable to format CD-RW
    ... Only a trashy company like Roxio or Adaptec ... luck formatting them with Direct CD. ... same disk formatted fine with Nero InCD, ... DirectCD does not "like" Memorex cd-rw. ...
    (comp.publish.cdrom.software)
  • Re: usb mount point control
    ... and this bought me the assurance that upon mount, ... where i'd find my sd card files. ... With that fstab entry, you should have gotten the same error in F10. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: hi
    ... Do not manually delete any system files. ... Go to Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel, look for Easy CD Creator in the ... > DirectCD UdfReadr.sys Roxio, Inc. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev)