/var/log/messages with facility and priority

From: Bernd Breuer (usenet_september_at_arcor.de)
Date: 02/25/04

    Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:24:04 +0100

    Hi,

    I would like to see the pair facility.priority in the logfiles to be
    able to better adapt syslog.conf. (Something like "syslogd -v" on BSD)
    but I can't find the option for syslogd on Redhat 9 or Fedora.

    Any ideas?

    TIA,

       Bernd

    • Re: Understanding iptables FC4
      ... > If any of you have set this up on Fedora 4 that would be great. ... went from redhat 9 to fedora core 3. ... vsftpd FTP server, had apache setup for my web server, then added user ... Instead of using telnet, I used ...
      (alt.os.linux)
    • Re: Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10? I want it too !
      ... It would be foolish to run any distro, such as Fedora, there are many ... Got a job at RedHat even. ... I know Bob Young quite well. ... To me "Community" denotes Extended Family. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: The answers to these "Death of RedHat threads"..
      ... > hat that is worn in the ReHat Shadowman logo is actually called a Fedora). ... > RedHat for its enterprise linux product range.. ... > little tricky to install compared to RedHat linux.. ... > packages you are used to are common accross all the disrto's.. ...
      (linux.redhat)
    • Re: The answers to these "Death of RedHat threads"..
      ... > used Redhat distros on our servers. ... > I know) for knowing we could update our systems and get security updates ... of Fedora still command a strong following in the field. ... Do you think there will be better support for Gentoo? ...
      (linux.redhat)
    • Re: FC2 Issues
      ... >> RedHat is under no obligation to provide you with ANYTHING let alone ... >> The overreaction to a few bugs making it into a Fedora is stunning. ... > me with fedora that it offered on any other distribution. ... And get the support I have always gotten from user lists.- ...
      (Fedora)