/var/log/messages with facility and priority

From: Bernd Breuer (usenet_september_at_arcor.de)
Date: 02/25/04

    Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:24:04 +0100

    Hi,

    I would like to see the pair facility.priority in the logfiles to be
    able to better adapt syslog.conf. (Something like "syslogd -v" on BSD)
    but I can't find the option for syslogd on Redhat 9 or Fedora.

    Any ideas?

    TIA,

       Bernd

    • Re: Understanding iptables FC4
      ... > If any of you have set this up on Fedora 4 that would be great. ... went from redhat 9 to fedora core 3. ... vsftpd FTP server, had apache setup for my web server, then added user ... Instead of using telnet, I used ...
      (alt.os.linux)
    • Re: Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10? I want it too !
      ... It would be foolish to run any distro, such as Fedora, there are many ... Got a job at RedHat even. ... I know Bob Young quite well. ... To me "Community" denotes Extended Family. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: The answers to these "Death of RedHat threads"..
      ... > used Redhat distros on our servers. ... > I know) for knowing we could update our systems and get security updates ... of Fedora still command a strong following in the field. ... Do you think there will be better support for Gentoo? ...
      (linux.redhat)
    • Re: FC2 Issues
      ... >> RedHat is under no obligation to provide you with ANYTHING let alone ... >> The overreaction to a few bugs making it into a Fedora is stunning. ... > me with fedora that it offered on any other distribution. ... And get the support I have always gotten from user lists.- ...
      (Fedora)
    • The answers to these "Death of RedHat threads"..
      ... Q. Is RedHat Linux Dead? ... The product named "Redhat Linux" is no longer around as ... hat that is worn in the ReHat Shadowman logo is actually called a Fedora). ... package and any required dependencies and install them.. ...
      (linux.redhat)