Re: SSH secure Http

From: Jordan Valentin (obi_wonton_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 05/01/04

Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 14:28:50 -0400

What you need to do is setup mod_ssl.
With redhat 9 the mod_ssl is installed by default when you choose to
install the httpd web server. In fact, all you should need to do is
customize the /etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf file, and then generate or
purchase your own ssl certificates.

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 19:45:55 +0000, Ivan Marsh wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 20:29:18 +0100, Stephane wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Very quick question....
>>
>> At the moment I don't use any secure Http. As far as I understand, if I
>> want to use any "https" server, I just need to install the SSH package!
>>
>> OK.. fine .. is that it ???
>>
>> How Can I make the link between the http access and a https ????
>>
>> I am using Redhat v 90 and I can see into my services, that the "sshd"
>> services is started !!
>> Is that what I need ?
>> Now, how to make understand, that a specific page of my web should secured
>
> sshd is for ssh and sftp connections.
>
> You need to install the mod_ssl package for Apache (I'm assuming you're
> using Apache since you didn't mention it).
>
> Documentation for this package is on Apache's site.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [SLE] apache2-2.0.49-27.5 segfaults
    ... I told it to download and install, and ever since then, as soon ... > as I connect to apache from a client, either via http or https, I see ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [PHP] Question before upgrading to 5
    ... anyway I see you did do a dual apache setup, cool, and got it working properly. ... but it sure is a cool trick if you really need to run php4 sites and php5 sites on one production ... install of apache would allow you to do. ... php in so far as you can also specify a custom prefix to have ...
    (php.general)
  • Re: PHP Tutorials
    ... >> In this tutorial we assume that your server has activated support for PHP ... install a web server locally (not just Apache). ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Two newbie questions
    ... Apache to install OK but when I then tried to install PHP ... The packages mean it generally takes less skill and effort to install - ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: [opensuse] install without CD
    ... same network switch as the target machine. ... location if you use http as transport protocol. ... Are you saying that I don't need to do an FTP install (as stated on the ... If your system has a working network setup including DNS this approach ...
    (SuSE)