Mounting a DVD

From: Charlie (charlie_at_localhost.localdomain)
Date: 05/06/04

Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 20:27:00 -0500

Hello,
When I insert a CDROM my Fedora Core 1 will mount the file system and
place an icon on my desktop. When I insert a data DVD in the same drive
nothing happens automatically. I can mount the drive as root with:
mount -t auto /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom.
Is it possible to automate this or at least be able to do this as a
regular user? Thanks in advance.
Charlie

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Stick memory USB
    ... I want to mount automatically an usb-stick memory into my machine? ... You're trying with your devfs stuff to create the file, ... FreeBSD 5 but I'm running 6.3-STABLE. ... is not the normal way to automate mounting of FSs) isn't something I've ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Mounting /c
    ... I have this alias that allows me to mount my windoze drive at /c: ... I thought that I could automate the process further by ... is it possible to do that in reverse? ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: SDI loader
    ... Is there another option to add or mount a disk other then using ... I would like automate all os generation. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • Mount SMB share on bootup
    ... verbage or simple questions. ... My question is my FTP server is hosting files off of a WinXP ... since I don't know what I am doing) I have to type my mount command again. ... How can I automate that? ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Copying HDs over the network
    ... I cannot figure out the 'mount point' so to speak on the XP side. ... or wherever you want on in an existing file path. ... You would automate with a script and a scheduled task ... Stan Bischof ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)