Re: LDAP as standard authentication

From: Ivan Marsh (annoyed_at_you.now)
Date: 06/04/04

Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 16:31:52 -0500

On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 16:26:17 -0500, Ivan Marsh wrote:

> On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 14:18:59 -0400, Sarah Tanembaum wrote:
>

>> "Ivan Marsh" <annoyed@you.now> wrote in message

>>> It's not terribly difficult in RH either.
>>>
>> Hi Ivan, perhaps if you have any more info on how to do that such as a
>> FAQ or step-by-step how to do it from scratch. Thanks
>
> Step-by-step... no.
>
> As I remember it was a matter of installing OpenLDAP, configuring users in
> the schema and running authconfig.
>
> This was under RH8. It may be easier now.
>
> The only difficult part of it was setting up the schema itself (the
> instructions are on the OpenLdap site).

Oh... and in case you're trying to use LDAP from a Windows Active
Directory to auth Linux users, good luck, as with all things, the LDAP MS
impliments is not LDAP(X.500).

You can auth off of a Netware NDS however. Anyone remember Netware?

--
i.m.

  • Re: LDAP as standard authentication
    ... Directory to auth Linux users, good luck, as with all things, the LDAP MS ... You can auth off of a Netware NDS however. ... The USA Patriot Act is the most unpatriotic act in American history. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: LDAP as standard authentication
    ... Directory to auth Linux users, good luck, as with all things, the LDAP MS ... You can auth off of a Netware NDS however. ... The USA Patriot Act is the most unpatriotic act in American history. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Exchange/Groupwise Killer?
    ... LDAP ... > capability would be ideal, but I would settle for a good web interface. ... The USA Patriot Act is the most unpatriotic act in American history. ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: LDAP as standard authentication
    ... >> Is there any linux distribution that use ldap as the default name ... >> service directory server and perhaps other? ... > authenticate off an LDAP server was extremely easy. ... The USA Patriot Act is the most unpatriotic act in American history. ...
    (linux.redhat)