Re: Wither smtpd (FC2)

From: Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX (caf_at_omen.com)
Date: 06/17/04

Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 15:24:06 -0700

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 15:28:27 -0500, Ivan Marsh wrote:
>> So how does one get dovecot to do its thing?
>
> Beyond installing, telling it which protocols to serve, and starting the
> daemon there isn't anything special you should have to do.
>
> Any chance your problem is with a firewall or something?
>
>> What's so great about dovecot that imap and pop3 had to go away?
>
> Don't know. I was kind of wondering that myself.

The Outlook message is that the IMAP server has closed the
connection, internal login failure.

--
Chuck Forsberg    caf@omen.com   www.omen.com   503-614-0430
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231   FAX 629-0665

Relevant Pages

  • Re: mail problem, using postfix & dovecot
    ... outgoing, and dovecot to manage the Imap server, and finally Seamonkey either locally or from one of my other machines, to read/write my mail, it makes for a very portable mail system, but I am now convinced I have one major bug. ... Any idea of any common sort of mail mistake I might have made? ... Just to narrow down the problem, take a look at the full headers of the duplicate mails and see if the mails are exact copies or are in fact recieved py Postfix twice. ... Check the mail logs to see what Postfix, Dovecot and whatever else you have in the mix (SpamAssassin? ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Recommended IMAP server
    ... > Dovecot is that it leaves your mail files in a readable format, ... That sounds good - readable format storage is a big plus. ... >> as is an easy way for users to interact with the spam filter. ... I realise that's not part of the IMAP server as ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Mail server upgrade
    ... > is pretty compelling to switch the IMAP server. ... for a small up to middle size mail server dovecot ... after migration, for others not. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Recommended IMAP server
    ... Dovecot is that it leaves your mail files in a readable format, ... all else fails you can still read/search your emails. ... I run exim here, ... I realise that's not part of the IMAP server as ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: kmail problem
    ... Apparently the newer kmail seems bent on working only with MailDirs. ... start dovecot; chkconfig dovecot on. ... Then point your mail client at the imap server on 127.0.0.1. ...
    (Fedora)