gnome-session problem on Fedora

From: Chris Jones (chris_at_stow-jones.co.uk)
Date: 06/27/04

Date: 27 Jun 2004 02:15:17 -0700

This morning I woke up to find my Fedora (core 2) box had stopped (due
to the electricity supply twitching). When I re-started it, I
attempted to log in only to find an error being reported when logging
in as a user:

/etc/X11/gdm/PreSession/Default: Registering your session with wtmp
and utmp
/etc/X11/gdm/PreSession/Default: running: /usr/bin/X11/sessreg -a -w
/var/log/wtmp -u /var/run/utmp -x "/var/gdm/:0.Xservers" -h "" -l ":0"
"chris"
/home/chris/.XClients-default: line 2: exec: gnome-session: not found

When logging in as root, I get only a graphical command box.

Can anyone here cast any light on this problem and how I can correct
it?

Thanks
Chris Jones

Relevant Pages

  • gnome-session problem on Fedora
    ... This morning I woke up to find my Fedora (core 2) box had stopped (due ... to the electricity supply twitching). ... When logging in as root, I get only a graphical command box. ... Chris Jones ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • gnome-session problem with FC2
    ... This morning I woke up to find my Fedora box had stopped (due ... to the electricity supply twitching). ... When logging in as root, I get only a graphical command box. ... Chris Jones ...
    (Fedora)
  • shared logs and multiple configurations
    ... I've apparently tied myself up a bit using the logging package. ... But I use these core classes from a bunch of different places. ... sometimes from Windows services (also written in ... Log messages seem to get ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: improvements for the logging package
    ... > Since the logging package currently uses mixedCase it would appear it ... Well, it seems a little too late now, for unittest, threading, logging ... > stable outside the core for awhile gets sucked into Python's inner orbit, ... What would you suggest for threading, unittest etc. in terms of binding ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Low-level disk IO.
    ... My cdrom drive (ata) is locked and the process is hung thus: ... The "L" indicates that "the process has pages locked in core". ... Logging out of ttyC2 just added the minus sign after the C2. ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.openbsd.misc)