Automatic loading of ppa module

From: Borax Man (dlj_at_onepeoplesproject.com)
Date: 07/20/04

Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 23:29:33 +0000

I am running a red hat 7.3 system. Attached to this is am Iomega Zip
drive, attached via parallel port. I have the following line in my
/etc/modules.conf
alias block-major-8 ppa
and the ppa module would load automatically whenever I tried to access
the Zip drive. All good. The Zip drive was device /dev/sda

now I have set up a USB key, its not /dev/sda and the zip drive is
/dev/sdb. USB key mounts OK, but now the PPA module doesn't
automatically load anymore and not must be invoked manually.

How can I get it to load automatically again? What might the issue be?
  I could change a script to load the ppa module at boot, but thats not
really an option at the moment, I need the freedom to remove it and have
it loaded automatically when required.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dennis.

Relevant Pages

  • Automatic Loading of PPA module
    ... Attached to this is am Iomega Zip ... drive, attached via parallel port. ... USB key mounts OK, but now the PPA module doesn't ...
    (comp.os.linux)
  • Re: Automatic loading of ppa module
    ... > drive, attached via parallel port. ... > and the ppa module would load automatically whenever I tried to access ... reference the new device recognition "/dev/sdb". ...
    (linux.redhat)