Re: Setting up ISA soundcard to Fedora 2 manually?

From: Tommy Reynolds (TommyReynolds_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 08/29/04

Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 16:10:26 -0500

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 10:37:41 +0300, Antti Nietula wrote:

> I have a problems setting up my ISA soundcard. Its chipset is ES1686.
> But how can I set it to work when Fedora's own wizard (Fedora core 2)
> can't find it?

I don't recognize that chipset and google.com cannot find anything
for "es1676 linux".

The Linux wizard doesn't respond because the chip does not appear to
be supported: I do not think Linux has a device driver for this sound
chip and getting ALSA will not help you.

Find another sound card, they cost very little.

Sorry.