Re: Setting up ISA soundcard to Fedora 2 manually?

From: Tommy Reynolds (TommyReynolds_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 08/29/04

Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 16:10:26 -0500

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 10:37:41 +0300, Antti Nietula wrote:

> I have a problems setting up my ISA soundcard. Its chipset is ES1686.
> But how can I set it to work when Fedora's own wizard (Fedora core 2)
> can't find it?

I don't recognize that chipset and google.com cannot find anything
for "es1676 linux".

The Linux wizard doesn't respond because the chip does not appear to
be supported: I do not think Linux has a device driver for this sound
chip and getting ALSA will not help you.

Find another sound card, they cost very little.

Sorry.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Thanks...
    ... Today a colleague of mine gave me a PIII 800 board, chip and memory. ... ISA Soundblaster AWE 64 sound card ... The ubuntu install does not give any errors, ... I also have installed linux quite ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: Two ways Microsoft sabotages Linux desktop adoption (warning: long rant follows)
    ... We have the chip running under Linux, ... [QUOTE MODE OFF] ... But will they be truely open SOURCE Mike, as in can we look at the ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: WLAN: RT61 Reichweite viel zu kurz - zu geringe Sendeleistung!
    ... Mit dem Chip hat das herzlich wenig zu tun - ... Da kann dir Linux z. ... Kernel 2.6.32.8 ... Reichweite und die max. Bandbreite bleiben unbrauchbar. ...
    (de.comp.os.unix.linux.hardware)
  • Re: Need help on modifying and assembly of a small program!
    ... > chip and SID sound chip were actually rather advanced for the time and ... > {Linux vs Windows issues} ... I know what to do...I just need to get an ethernet card and a cable ... The cable modem can be connected by USB or ethernet...neither of these ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: Building computer
    ... For 'seamless' integration with stock Debian it's usually best to buy a ... My Linux experience may be old and rusty, but I remember recompiling my kernel to get Soundblaster support. ... Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO cpu cooler ... Please let me know if you think using the Haswell chip is unwise; I would rather buy the first chip that uses the new socket than the last chip, Ivy Bridge, using the old socket, for the potential of upgrading in the future. ...
    (Debian-User)