Re: Setting up ISA soundcard to Fedora 2 manually?

From: Tommy Reynolds (
Date: 08/29/04

Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 16:10:26 -0500

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 10:37:41 +0300, Antti Nietula wrote:

> I have a problems setting up my ISA soundcard. Its chipset is ES1686.
> But how can I set it to work when Fedora's own wizard (Fedora core 2)
> can't find it?

I don't recognize that chipset and cannot find anything
for "es1676 linux".

The Linux wizard doesn't respond because the chip does not appear to
be supported: I do not think Linux has a device driver for this sound
chip and getting ALSA will not help you.

Find another sound card, they cost very little.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Thanks...
    ... Today a colleague of mine gave me a PIII 800 board, chip and memory. ... ISA Soundblaster AWE 64 sound card ... The ubuntu install does not give any errors, ... I also have installed linux quite ...
  • Re: Two ways Microsoft sabotages Linux desktop adoption (warning: long rant follows)
    ... We have the chip running under Linux, ... [QUOTE MODE OFF] ... But will they be truely open SOURCE Mike, as in can we look at the ...
  • Re: WLAN: RT61 Reichweite viel zu kurz - zu geringe Sendeleistung!
    ... Mit dem Chip hat das herzlich wenig zu tun - ... Da kann dir Linux z. ... Kernel ... Reichweite und die max. Bandbreite bleiben unbrauchbar. ...
  • Re: Need help on modifying and assembly of a small program!
    ... > chip and SID sound chip were actually rather advanced for the time and ... > {Linux vs Windows issues} ... I know what to do...I just need to get an ethernet card and a cable ... The cable modem can be connected by USB or ethernet...neither of these ...
  • Re: Building computer
    ... For 'seamless' integration with stock Debian it's usually best to buy a ... My Linux experience may be old and rusty, but I remember recompiling my kernel to get Soundblaster support. ... Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO cpu cooler ... Please let me know if you think using the Haswell chip is unwise; I would rather buy the first chip that uses the new socket than the last chip, Ivy Bridge, using the old socket, for the potential of upgrading in the future. ...