Re: USB Hard Drive Backup

From: Lenard (lenard_at_127.0.0.1)
Date: 10/27/04

Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 10:32:22 GMT

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 20:53:51 +1300, Paul Nash wrote:

> I am trying to backup to an external 40 Gb hard drive over USB. I am
> getting invalid directories being written and Linux crashes. I
> understand this is because Redhat 9 supports a maximum 512Mb file size
> on USB. Is there any way I can change this or am I best to use memory
> chips ?

RHL9 does not have a 512Mb file size limit on USB. I have transfered 2-6Gb
files to and from USB drives when I was running RHL9 without problems. How
about providing some useful information, please review;

Hi!  I'm a .sig virus!  Please copy me to your .sig! so I can spread
This E-mail is safe, no Microsoft products were used in creating me!

Relevant Pages