Proper incantation for tar?

From: Vic (vic_at_innocent.com)
Date: 11/29/04

    Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 00:13:50 +0000 (UTC)

    Hi All.

    This is probably an easy one, but it's late and my brain hurts...

    I've got a *large* .tgz. Somewhere inside it is a file containing some
    text that I think I can identify (i.e. I can grep for it).

    How do I go about finding the filename of the contained file without
    extracting the whole thing?

    Thanks!

    Vic.

    • Re: which photos from my site do you think I should use?
      ... It hurts. ... The brain doesn't like it. ... how nice the photo actually is. ... Wanna see the most awful photo on my whole site? ...
      (rec.equestrian)
    • Re: cracked
      ... sentence and transform it into truth since after all, ... That sentence makes no sense and hurts my brain. ... weasel-word usage that some folks, ...
      (rec.arts.sf.written)
    • Re: cracked
      ... Clarke" wrote in message ... >> That sentence makes no sense and hurts my brain. ... weasel-word usage that some folks, ...
      (rec.arts.sf.written)
    • Re: The Brain-Eater
      ... twins, one on the starship, one stay-at-home, in MC? ... My brain really ... hurts. ...
      (rec.arts.sf.written)
    • Re: Thinking
      ... > Can you play what you think? ... It hurts my brain... ... Prev by Date: ...
      (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)