Re: DDS4 Tape Drive Install

From: MoonsOfJupiter (bilbo_at_moonsofjupiter.com)
Date: 02/14/05

Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 21:06:18 -0500

"Mark P" <markp@pitnet.net> wrote in message
news:C5IPd.6944$hU7.4437@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com...

> MoonsOfJupiter wrote:
>> I'd like to set up a Compaq SDT-10000 DDS4 drive on a apadtec 2940UW
>> card. The drive is operational, having worked fine in a previous FC2 box
>> (with the same adaptec card). I've moved it over to the current RHELv3
>> system.
>>
>> Kudzu didn't see it :o(
>>
>> I've been all over the Compaq/HP site and they don't acknowledge its
>> existance nor does Sony, who I think actually makes it.
>>
>> mt -f /dev/st0 status tells me "no such device"
>>
>> Do I need to recompile my kernel at this point, or is there some module I
>> can insert and get going?
>>
>> :O:
>> wd
>>

> does doing modprobe scsi_hostadapter allow you to access the tape drive?

No. :o(

:O:
wd

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Zoom h4
    ... no display and no card slot- but maybe a ... But it actually got me thinking about the Sony ... but it does'nt change what you'll have in the recording. ... Stereo x-y onboard mic capsules, XLR & phantom inputs, ...
    (rec.arts.movies.production.sound)
  • Re: Newbie Question
    ... > tapes it produced thru a Sony digital camcorder and then thru a Firewire ... Firewire card is a card you but into a PCI slot in the back of your ... The cord goes from your Device which in this case is your camera ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • Re: Post office deliveries
    ... I had to send a Sony camera back to Sony to have a fault corrected. ... Sony arranged and paid for collection and delivery via City Link. ... The van collected the camera alright but then the camera failed to re-appear. ... As I needed it for a fast-approaching holiday, I phoned Sony, who told me that City Link had tried three times to deliver it and that on each occasion nobody had been in and a card was left. ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • bttv module refuses to load on FC2 at bootup
    ... The first OS I tried the Hauppauge Win TV Express card out on was FC2. ... TV images, but no sound. ... Then I booted up Kubuntu, and had vision, and sound (only on some channels), ...
    (Fedora)
  • Complete System FS
    ... ATI Radeon X800 Graphics Card ... Sony DVDRW, Sony CDRW plus memory card reader ...
    (uk.adverts.computer)