SCSI emulation

From: francois baert (francois.baert_at_wanadoo.fr)
Date: 05/03/05

Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 15:00:58 +0200

Hi,

On my computer I have an IDE controller, my O.S est redhat 9.0
kernel 2.4.20-6.
what is scsi emulation, I have been told that to run xine I have to use
SCSDI emulation on my DVD drive.
I don't know the way to enable it on a redhat.
I would appreciate if somebody could explain me what means scsi emulation
and how to do it on a redhat.

--
My Thanks.
F. Baert

Relevant Pages

  • Re: USB CD burner...(?)
    ... ZoombyWoof wrote: ... > I would like to use it on my Redhat 7.3 system as well. ... Used an HP 7100 on a USB port for a while, just be sure to have all the ... required support (USB, SCSI emulation, SCSI CD and the like). ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Contents of redhat-list digest...
    ... limiting CPU access per user ... Old Version of kermit Source Code ... handle kernel NULL pointer ... barcode reader, from TRU-64 to Redhat. ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: RedHat 10 wishlist
    ... But performance is not everything SATA ... the smaller form factor drives. ... > kernel, ... >> REdhat is to wrap more stuff into its coming workstation release that I ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Re: difficulty recompiling RHEL 4.2 kernel
    ... RHEL 4.2 specialized for scientific apps by Fermilab, CERN, and several ... Linux managers at Fermilab say my earlier problems were in parts of the ... You would hardly expect RedHat to do something about a rewritten version. ... You recompile your kernel only if you have narrowed down the error to the ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • RE: wuftpd problems (Juda Masamy) (Sorin Srbu)
    ... I think my fc6 redhat is 32bit, is it the reason why I cant compile wu-ftpd as 64bit? ... How to upgrade the kernel ... Re: Support Level ...
    (RedHat)