Re: Firewall question

From: Tom (tomNOSPAM_at_teameazyriders.com)
Date: 06/16/05

    Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 10:07:30 +0100
    To: froogle <frooglee@gmail.com>

    froogle wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I'm not new to linux but I'm needed to administer a small group of
    > computers snce recently and need to add a firewall to the network. It's
    > a windows lan. I have been reading iptables howto and tutorials since
    > many days but it's not very clear to me how to make my own firewall.
    > What to add for a windows lan etc.
    >
    > Can someone point me to some guide/website that would help me learn
    > iptables quickly and easily? Maybe I need to read more howtos for
    > detailed security later but for now I need urgent help or I won't be
    > spared.

    use this http://www.smoothwall.org/

    very easy to setup on an old pc with a couple of NICS and very good -
    OS+Firewall all in one

    • Firewall question
      ... I have been reading iptables howto and tutorials since ... many days but it's not very clear to me how to make my own firewall. ... What to add for a windows lan etc. ... detailed security later but for now I need urgent help or I won't be ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Firewall question
      ... I have been reading iptables howto and tutorials since ... many days but it's not very clear to me how to make my own firewall. ... What to add for a windows lan etc. ... detailed security later but for now I need urgent help or I won't be ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • Firewall question
      ... I have been reading iptables howto and tutorials since ... many days but it's not very clear to me how to make my own firewall. ... What to add for a windows lan etc. ... detailed security later but for now I need urgent help or I won't be ...
      (linux.redhat)
    • Re: Firewall question
      ... I have been reading iptables howto and tutorials since ... > What to add for a windows lan etc. ... > detailed security later but for now I need urgent help or I won't be ...
      (linux.redhat)
    • Re: Firewall question
      ... Lan firewall will help protect lan from internet. ... > What to add for a windows lan etc. ... I would suggest installing Shorewall to create/monitor your firewall settings. ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)