Re: save desktop after logout

From: Tommy Reynolds (TommyReynolds_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 06/21/05

Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 10:48:41 -0500

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 17:23:51 +0200, Thomas P. wrote:

> When I log out, all applications and terminals are being closed. How can I
> prevent the system from doing it ?

Are you trying to leave a background process running to make your own
daemon? If you are, look at the:

$ man nohup

documentation.

Cheers

Relevant Pages

  • [opensuse] Re: postfix: Name service error
    ... the actual problem with avahi is that the documentation is ... for troubleshooting if the daemon is running and not ... for avahi-browser and avahi-discover even more so. ... The attitude of the *Kit developers ("I don't care about the ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Re: postfix: Name service error
    ... for troubleshooting if the daemon is running and not ... delivering the correct information. ... for avahi-browser and avahi-discover even more so. ... documentation is a big issue in the OSS world. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Daemon vs. nohup
    ... > I am searching for a discussion of the pros/cons of using nohup ... While under Unix it is usual ... Most systems have the daemon() library function to take care of all ... > So I wonder if writing a daemon is worth the effort. ...
    (comp.unix.programmer)
  • Re: daemon.DaemonContext and logging
    ... I'm trying to set up logging inside of the "with ... descriptor that was opened by ‘handler’; so that file descriptor gets ... as the documentation specifies, ... a daemon process involves detaching from the controlling terminal, ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Daemon vs. nohup
    ... I am searching for a discussion of the pros/cons of using nohup ... instead of writing a daemon. ... While under Unix it is usual ... So I wonder if writing a daemon is worth the effort. ...
    (comp.unix.programmer)