Re: Xinetd keeps stopping on server

From: ynotssor (ynotssor_at_example.net)
Date: 08/10/05

Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 09:33:56 -0700

<swilliams@cromwells.co.uk> wrote in message
news:1123665980.809310.148620@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

> We are having a very strange problem with xinetd (and dependant
> services such as telnet) stopping on a server. Luckily, most times we
> can ssh to the server and restart the service but this isn't always the
> case.
>
> We are running Red Hat 7.3 with kernel 2.4.24. The server is quite old
> (PIII 750MHz, 1 Gb memory) but doesn't seem to have any other problems.
> It's main purpose is as one of three servers which run sendmail and
> Squid proxy for us.
>
> Any ideas, anyone?

xinetd -d -filelog filename

will place debugging information in filename. Also make sure your
/etc/xinetd.conf is correctly edited; "man 5 xinetd.conf" will be helpful in
this regard.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: fetch extension - use local filename from content-dispositionheader (new diff)
    ... Previously giving this non-argument -O flag would use the ... Now this flag takes an expected filename as an argument. ... if we make a mistake in the URL or if the server changes the mapping. ... +If the server sent a Content-Disposition header, the +.Fa content_disposition +field will contain the suggested local filename. ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re:
    ... I am maintaining a FreeBSD server Box, recently i am facing a issue ... that the server unable to access via ssh, ... Server after a forced restart is up for some time. ... a remote machine as well as a physical console for sometime. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Why is KDE 4 so messed up?
    ... a server in the form you and your browser see. ... what was the filename on the server? ... No need I've used opera in the past, but I didn't stick with it so my ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: A program made by C# can not use a ATL/COM server...
    ... Proxy Stub for COM server ... filename: ComExeCE11PS.dll ... made by a project of WCE Dynamic-Link Library ... BOOL bRun = TRUE; ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded.vc)
  • Re: Need help to reanimate an AT&T AT&T 3B1/7300 UNIX-PC
    ... mad at the user for creating filenames like that on a unix file server. ... pass a filename with '/' in it without attempting to interpret whatever ... at a lower level that the rest of the OS -- which since Microsoft's ... and let the install scripts work from there. ...
    (comp.sys.3b1)