Re: Xinetd keeps stopping on server

From: ynotssor (
Date: 08/10/05

Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 09:33:56 -0700

<> wrote in message

> We are having a very strange problem with xinetd (and dependant
> services such as telnet) stopping on a server. Luckily, most times we
> can ssh to the server and restart the service but this isn't always the
> case.
> We are running Red Hat 7.3 with kernel 2.4.24. The server is quite old
> (PIII 750MHz, 1 Gb memory) but doesn't seem to have any other problems.
> It's main purpose is as one of three servers which run sendmail and
> Squid proxy for us.
> Any ideas, anyone?

xinetd -d -filelog filename

will place debugging information in filename. Also make sure your
/etc/xinetd.conf is correctly edited; "man 5 xinetd.conf" will be helpful in
this regard.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: fetch extension - use local filename from content-dispositionheader (new diff)
    ... Previously giving this non-argument -O flag would use the ... Now this flag takes an expected filename as an argument. ... if we make a mistake in the URL or if the server changes the mapping. ... +If the server sent a Content-Disposition header, the +.Fa content_disposition +field will contain the suggested local filename. ...
  • Re:
    ... I am maintaining a FreeBSD server Box, recently i am facing a issue ... that the server unable to access via ssh, ... Server after a forced restart is up for some time. ... a remote machine as well as a physical console for sometime. ...
  • Re: Why is KDE 4 so messed up?
    ... a server in the form you and your browser see. ... what was the filename on the server? ... No need I've used opera in the past, but I didn't stick with it so my ...
  • Re: A program made by C# can not use a ATL/COM server...
    ... Proxy Stub for COM server ... filename: ComExeCE11PS.dll ... made by a project of WCE Dynamic-Link Library ... BOOL bRun = TRUE; ...
  • Re: Testing a file-type input element
    ... the filename selected is, or whether one was selected at all. ... may arise when the user inadvertently submits the form without selecting all ... I can test for an empty file form element name at the server side script, ... As far as client-side security goes: ...