Re: How to install modem on laptop..!

From: Lenard (Lenard_at_127.0.0.1)
Date: 08/30/05

    Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 14:46:30 GMT

    balki wrote:

    > I havw Toshiba Satellite A50-111, and I install Fedora Core 4, but I
    > cant install modem.
    >
    > When i list with lspci it looks like intel modem:
    >
    > 00:1f.6 Modem: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M)
    > AC'97 Modem Controller (rev 03)
    >
    > My kernel is 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4.
    >
    > In windows xp, modem is called Agere !!!
    >
    > How to install this modem on FC4....

    Visit; http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/smartlink/

    Download; slmodem-2.9.9e-pre2.tar.gz (30-Jul-2005 23:08 786k)

    And build according to the directions found in the README file starting
    at ALSA mode section. As root copy the modem_test and slmodemd files to
    the /usr/sbin directory. Then try(still as root);

    modprobe snd-intel8x0m
    slmodemd --alsa

    --
    Contained within the Microsoft EULA;
    This Limited Warranty is void if failure of the Product has resulted