Re: /etc/resolv.conf : How to Reload?

From: S P Arif Sahari Wibowo (arifsaha_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 11/01/05

    Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 04:24:16 GMT

    On Mon, 31 Oct 2005, Bit Twister wrote:
    > Make up your mind. You indicated you changed /etc/reolv.conf
    > and setvice network restart or boot would change it back.

    Nope. The service network restart changed the /etc/resolv.conf
    and I want to use the that /etc/resolv.conf, but gethostbyname
    doesn't use that /etc/resolv.conf.

    Ok let's try this: how to make gethostbyname use the
    /etc/resolv.conf given by service network restart?

    --
                                  (Stephan Paul) Arif Sahari Wibowo
        _____  _____  _____  _____

    • Service network restart
      ... I wanted to restart my network so I tried 'service network restart'. ... didn't work so I had to execute '/sbin/service network restart'. ... To unsubscribe: http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Changing the IP Address....
      ... /sbin/ifconfig eth0 down ... restart the network service with "service network restart" ...
      (linux.redhat)
    • Re: /etc/resolv.conf : How to Reload?
      ... >> setvice network restart or boot would change it back. ... > given by service network restart? ...
      (linux.redhat)
    • Bond doesnt work after reboot network
      ... but after a network restart (service network restart) my two bonding nics doesn't get up. ... I have to start them manually (ifconfig eth1 up, ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Multiple Network Cards
      ... got that way and had completely overlooked the checkbox on the network ... 'service network restart' now works exactly as I would expect. ... Now to go back to the bridge theme - where is the best place to set ... Do the 'brctl' setting endure across boot sessions, ...
      (Fedora)