How Can I Halt System.....

From: boobie (boobie.webdeveloper_at_mailnull.com)
Date: 11/11/05

Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 00:23:28 -0500

Hello, 2 questions, pls help.

RHEL3 (Taroon)
I boot to command prompt (Level 5 ?), I then ssh from another PC.

1) Can I shutdown/halt the OS from the ssh client ?
2) I never logged into the console on the Linux box, so login prompt is on
the console screen
    How can I shutdown/halt the system from here (w/o logging in) ?

Thanks

Relevant Pages

  • How Can I Halt System.....
    ... I boot to command prompt, I then ssh from another PC. ... Can I shutdown/halt the OS from the ssh client? ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • How Can I Halt the System....
    ... I boot to command prompt, I then ssh from another PC. ... Can I shutdown/halt the OS from the ssh client? ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • How Can I Halt the System....
    ... I boot to command prompt, I then ssh from another PC. ... Can I shutdown/halt the OS from the ssh client? ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: very puzzling!!
    ... and after the command prompt ... So I did last known good configuration at boot. ... WinXP Pro inc Sp2 ... Also, UBCD4Win should come with some antivirus capability, perhaps ...
  • Sasser question
    ... Update:Safe boot with command prompt also fails within ... >>If your computer resets before accessing Windows ... >>to your BIOS manual to determine how to boot into safe ...
    (microsoft.public.security)