which backup prg i should use?

From: Oscar (shadowofthenight_at_hotmail.it)
Date: 11/12/05

Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 08:27:05 GMT

Hello everyone,
i just have a simple question to ask...
I wondering if there's a program which i can use just to backup and entire
directory (full of files with special characters), on another HD, and that
might have a simple GUI (just for newbie to be able to use it).

Thanks in advance

SOTN

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Simple backup / copy tool with GUI
    ... > I am looking for a simple tool to make backup of a selection of my files ... > GUI program for copying different files to one location and I am pretty ... Have you thought of a script? ... After that I used KCron to burn my data onto a CD every morning and every ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: LInux Backup Strategy? ... a little long.
    ... >> I can do that with windows, so I don't know what the problem is, assuming ... > You really do not want a GUI to to total backups. ... > Also, once a month I run CRU, which comes free with BRU. ... > the one for my daily BRU backup. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: [opensuse] Re: Mac TimeMachine like backup for Linux?
    ... start a GUI from cron, and most backup programs aren't designed to be run manually. ... The GUI usually comes in when you want to restore things ... But cron might do the dailies... ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Re: Mac TimeMachine like backup for Linux?
    ... nice looking but not necessary for functionality ... Never used time machine, but your comment about a GUI not being necessary ... and most backup programs aren't designed to be run ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Will XP Backup copy files Uncompressed to another disk?
    ... better than me and help me find a link to the actual GUI download. ... PS - Never did find out if the standard XP backup program would only ... Most disk manufacturers make them available on ... folder/directory structures or hard disk without compressing the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)