Re: MPlayer

On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 12:17:58 +0200, Dimitris Mexis wrote this:

> I have fedora, I install 2.6.14.3 and have also mplayer
>
> I have a 5.1 system, and no sound from the voices of the actors when I say
> "mplayer -channels 6" however I get sound from the other pieces, and this
> is not a digital case (SPDIF)... I tried the alsa docs but they are not
> 'understandable'...
>
> Has anyone tried it? I have audigy... HELP!

It may be a problem with the item you're trying to play, ie, channels
not recorded properly or the card is configured different than alsa
configuration.

You should get sound using channels 4.

  • Re: MPlayer
    ... and no sound from the voices of the actors when I say ... I tried the alsa docs but they are not ... configuration. ... You should get sound using channels 4. ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Re: 5.1 IN HDTV.
    ... about surround sound is difficult to understand. ... independent channels, the only real solution is digital audio. ... speakers behind the screen. ...
    (rec.arts.movies.production.sound)
  • Re: 5.1 IN HDTV.
    ... about LFE. ... > about surround sound is difficult to understand. ... > independent channels, the only real solution is digital audio. ...
    (rec.arts.movies.production.sound)
  • Re: blu-ray audio questions
    ... been altered from the originals (there are a few exceptions, ... That's what I'm saying and I don't feel it compromised the sound, ... listening (or even worse, wasn't downmixed so you're only hearing the left ... channels from it into 24 bit, ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • sound card doesnt work
    ... My sound card doesn't play any sound. ... Sound card appears to only support 2 channels. ... Audio Controller supports 6 channels. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)