mount: only root can do that
- From: "Baruah" <bbaruah2003@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 7 Feb 2006 20:21:17 -0800
In my RHEL 4 system, I want to give a normal user permission
so that he/she can mount a nfs partition in one of his directories
inside his home directory.
I tried with SUDO like this:
user1 ALL=/bin/mount /user1/home/mnt ,/bin/umount /user1/home/mnt
I checked /sbin/mount and found it "-rwsr-sr-x".
But when the user1 logs in and try to execute
mount -t nfs xx.xx.xx.xx:/mnt/inst mnt
he gets "mount: only root can do that".
where m I wrong in setting this up ? please guide. thanks
- Prev by Date: Re: rsh working intermittently
- Next by Date: Re: mount: only root can do that
- Previous by thread: RHEL 4 License
- Next by thread: Re: mount: only root can do that