Re: Fedora Core 5 and Nvidia Driver???

NBK wrote:

Hi
The Nvidia driver 1.0-8756 will not install at all. I get an error
message stating that i have to install kernel source. Where do i get
the kernel source???

From your instalation media or yum repository. It's kernel-devel package.

I do not have selinux enabled. I have followed
the instructions here:

<cut>

Don't bother with generic tarball package, you better install nvidia
driver from Livna rpm package.

http://rpm.livna.org/configuration.html

# yum install kmod-nvidia-´uname -r´

--
Igor Jagec

  • Re: Fedora Core 5 and Nvidia Driver???
    ... The Nvidia driver 1.0-8756 will not install at all. ... message stating that i have to install kernel source. ... Don't bother with generic tarball package, ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Re: Fedora Core 5 and Nvidia Driver???
    ... The Nvidia driver 1.0-8756 will not install at all. ... message stating that i have to install kernel source. ... Don't bother with generic tarball package, ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Re: google-earth anybody?
    ... I first tried to dl and install with dpkg, ... which downloaded yet another copy from google. ... as fast as the nvidia driver, but a hell of a lot less hassle. ... motors more than 3 or 4 rpms with self generated steps. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: 2 pane, swiss army knife file manager?
    ... But if he compiled his own kernel correctly then he should be able to ... compile the nVidia driver for it. ... motor with its 200 millisecond long IRQ lockouts. ... nouveau driver which is used when you install the the distro you ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Probably stupid question, but
    ... olde time Red Hat users expect to install exotic apps ... I'm running 13.04 and the nVidia driver, ... since Ubuntu is FAR more liberal ... the package clearly fails, or cannot be obtained any other way. ...
    (Ubuntu)