Re: Permission to mount disks

"HLRoss" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:nkc452l7qfk3jkbgag6bp8okrm4i23kp6r@xxxxxxx

I am fairly new to Centos (Red Hat Enterprise).
How do I give users permission to mount floppy, CD and ZIP drives?

From "man fstab" :

The fourth field, (fs_mntops), describes the mount options associated
with the filesystem.

[snip]

??user?? (allow a user to mount)

Vic.

  • Re: CF card and /dev filesystem entries
    ... > mount the whole device as if it were unpartitioned. ... is there an easier or more direct way to cause the partition ... > table of the CF card to be read and the /dev filesystem to update? ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: Mounting volume as a user
    ... Silivren Eryn-Duin wrote: ... > How can I give my users permission to mount volumes, ... sure the permissions allow the users to mount the cdrom onto the mountpoint. ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: mount() function problem !
    ... mount() attaches the filesystem specified by source (which is often a device name, ... point within a file system. ... details of the options available for each filesystem type. ... Specifies the journalling mode for file data. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: [autofs] [RFC] Towards a Modern Autofs
    ... >entangling autofs with that work. ... >filesystem it's willing to export. ... >>map is mounted. ... The result is that some users will see mount points ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: UFS Bug: FreeBSD 6.1/6.2/7.0: MOKB-08-11-2006, CVE-2006-5824, MOKB-03
    ... They can simply mount a filesystem with any number of SUID ... root binaries on it and have their way with the box. ... They have physical access to the machine. ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)