Will Pay for Immediate Professional Help on Fedora Core 4
- From: "Randy" <yates@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: 29 Apr 2006 13:03:41 -0700
I've reached the end of my wits on this. There is too much information
for me to absorb and it's taking too much time to learn.
Here is a synopsis of my problem:
1. Fedora Core 4 on a ASUS A8N-VM motherboard with the NVIDIA GeForce
northbridge and NVIDIA nForce 410 MCP southbridge chips.
2. The distro kernel (2.6.11) did not detect the soundcard at all
(via the system-config-
sound utility). Neither did it
detect the integrated network interface, but an install of the NVIDIA
fixed the network problem.
2a. I tried installing the sound drivers for NVIDIA but no joy under
the 2.6.11 kernel,
i.e., there was still no soundcard detected under
3. I upgraded to the 184.108.40.2066FC4 kernel.
4. The first boot of the new kernel ran fine.
5. During the first boot of the new kernel, I ran
system-config-sound. It found the
sound device, but hung when playing the test sound. The sound was
over and over. There was also a high frequency squeal on the left
6. Subsequent boots of the system hang. The hang point varies
during the initialization ("Press I for interactive startup") to a
minute or two after
login. I've tried disabling the kudzu process during startup but the
7. I've tried disabling all the sound commands in the
but it still hangs.
8. I have the FC4 distro DVD and can boot linux rescue and/or perform
of the other services available on this DVD.
9. Of course I cannot use my linux system until it gets "unhung." I
a Windoze computer available from which to access the network.
I need an EXPERT in linux and specifically FC4 and these types of
driver/ module loading problems to help. I will pay US$50 to the first
person that can help me fix the hanging problem today, Saturday, April
29th, 2006. I will pay an extra US$50 to the first person who can help
me get the sound working so that, e.g., I can use RealPlayer 10 to play
my video lectures from school.
Note that just spending time with me on the phone will not qualify for
any pay. You must FIX the problem. Therefore it would be best not to
waste your time or mine if you are not really qualified to help with
I am here at work now, Saturday, ~1:00pm PST. My number is
- Prev by Date: Re: Installing WINE
- Next by Date: Re: Will Pay for Immediate Professional Help on Fedora Core 4
- Previous by thread: FC5 + OpenGL/GLX on nVIDIA 5200
- Next by thread: Re: Will Pay for Immediate Professional Help on Fedora Core 4