Re: Redhat Version

Hi
cat /etc/redhat-release ?
hth
Peer Hebing
cypher wrote:
Hi all,

How would I find out what version of redhat is installed on a server? I
only have ssh access to it. I need to install a package but dont know
what version of redhat Im running

Thanks,

  • Re: exim server is dead in the water
    ... then the rpm IS NOT FOR YOUR DISTRO. ... There is an apt for redhat, but one thing I found out, the apt only works on ... server stuff and going back to what I know, ... Install Debian on one box, use as email server and db server. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: RedHat Enterprise 5.0
    ... DESKTOP of RedHat, as the server simply hosts D3 and my application. ... these servers apart from install Linux, install all software updates, ...
    (comp.databases.pick)
  • Re: Issues with web/ADSL installation
    ... with an Apache server installed. ... Get on the security mailinglists for RedHat and Apache now if you have ... Install and use the "up2date" feature of RedHat ... > Do you know of any specific issues related to DSL connection that ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Redhat 9.0 development environment wierdness...
    ... This is the second Redhat server I have used for our clients and I am ... How can I possibly rely upon this development environment? ... have 'failed' to configure, compile, or install properly. ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: problem with Redhat ES 3 update 4 and OpenSSH_5.0p1
    ... I have to update openssh on some Redhat servers and i'm installing ... make install ... restart ssh service ... server to other with ssh. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)