Re: Install ReadHat
- From: General Schvantzkoph <schvantzkoph@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 09:06:07 -0400
On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 03:25:48 -0700, bollano wrote:
Hello to all.
The Linux atmosphere serves me on my PC in order to connect with one
embedded board on which making the port of ucLinux 2.6.
I would want to install something of light that supplies me the shell
for the commandos.
Exists some version live of RedHat or some application in order to
simulate it under Windows?
There are two ways to get a *nix environment on Windows, you can install
Cygwin which gives you a basic *nix environment including tcsh,bash,ssh,
or you can run Linux in a virtual machine. On Linux I use Parallels
Workstation to run Win2K on top of Fedora Core, Parallels is available for
Windows also. There is also a free version of VMware available, don't know
if it runs on Windows but I think it does.
- Prev by Date: Re: freezing a drive
- Next by Date: Re: block size more than 4096 in ext2/3
- Previous by thread: Re: freezing a drive
- Next by thread: Re: block size more than 4096 in ext2/3