Re: configuring a wireless connection fedora core

Please tell us which Fedora Core are you using, and also which Acer
Aspire is yours.

Mine is a Centos 4 (same as RedHat EL 4) on a Acer Aspire 5002 and
works well since somebody recomended me this:

-------"Visit the ndiswrapper site; http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/

Just follow the instructions on the Installation wiki, you will need
the kernel source installed, check around this support site for the
details on how to 'prep' the kernel source. Make sure you get the
correct drivers for the Broadcom wireless device, you want the 32-bit
driver for a 32-bit OS and the 64-bit driver for the 64-bit OS."-------

Bye

printdude1968@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
I have just installed Fedora Core on my Acer Aspire laptop and now wish
to use the built in wireless port to connect to my wireless network. I
have tried several different configurations without success. Is there
a good resource on the web that can take me through the process? I've
never done this before and my book on Red Hat "A Practical Guide to Red
Hat(R) Linux(R): Fedora(TM) Core and Red Hat Enterprise Linux (3rd
Edition)" doesn't give me the detail I need.

Thanks

.