Re: configuring a wireless connection fedora core

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 18:47:10 -0800, printdude1968@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

I have just installed Fedora Core on my Acer Aspire laptop and now wish
to use the built in wireless port to connect to my wireless network. I
have tried several different configurations without success. Is there
a good resource on the web that can take me through the process? I've
never done this before and my book on Red Hat "A Practical Guide to Red
Hat(R) Linux(R): Fedora(TM) Core and Red Hat Enterprise Linux (3rd
Edition)" doesn't give me the detail I need.

Thanks

I have had a lot of luck using ndiswrapper and the Acer Aspire
WinXP wifi driver on my Acer Aspire 3002LCi under FC4/FC5/FC6. I have
documented how I did this on my web site. If you are still having
problems getting wifi to work, you may want to try the same process as I
have used in my write-up, but make necessary adjustments for your specific
wifi driver. The ndiswrpper wiki may be of help on what adjustments you
may need to make to get your specific wifi chipset to work correctly.

http://www.hoflink.com/~turajb/linux_acer3k2_fc6.htm

Also on a side note, FC6 seams to have muct better native wireless driver
support, then FC4 or FC5. And since FC6 is the most current Fedora Core
version available & because its pretty stable, I would recommend upgrading
to FC6 first.

Hope this helps...

.