Re: how to check the physical capacity of each hard drive

Steve wrote:
Tommy Reynolds wrote:
On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 17:21:19 -0400, Steve wrote:

Check our /proc/scsi and poke around. The scsi file in that directory lists the drives (speeds are sometimes in there).

Hey, thanks for the reminder! Look at "/proc/partitions" for full
information!

HTH

Glad to return the favour for once! :) Coming from a Windows world (well, 6 years ago...) I love /proc. :)

S.

  • Re: windows software raid 0 volume extremely slow
    ... How is your question even remotely related to Windows Security ... | disks (using 1 such chunk on each of the drives). ... | it still shows the same good speeds of 56 and 82 MB/s respectively. ...
  • Re: IEEE 1394b aka Firewire 800
    ... Are you using Firewire cables rated for 1394b, ... Your second problem has to do with not | properly disconnecting the drives. ... Otherwise Windows will fail | to empty the I/O buffer and result in a delayed-write failure. ... speeds |> of 480mb/sec, but my benchmarks tell me differently. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: how to check the physical capacity of each hard drive
    ... >>lists the drives (speeds are sometimes in there). ... > HTH ... :) Coming from a Windows world ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Re: Windows XP Takes 10 Minutes to Startup
    ... Mario, if you have any CD's in the drives remove them before starting ... See if that speeds it up any. ... > fine then the windows xp logo comes up and the blue bar ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Can you please help me?
    ... External hard drives and flash drives should work fine, as Windows XP has ... original install media. ... Use of the proper recovery ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)