Re: Weird behaviour with Script files

In news:f5pj72$grs$1$8300dec7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
Steve <user@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

When I tried to start on my CentOS machine, a script file, I have
the answer : Bad Interepreter !! !??!?!
Any idea what it could it be ?
All my script files, start by :
#!/bin/bash

For starters, please post the output of these commands:

ls -l /bin/bash script_file
file $(which bash)

ls -l /bin/bash script_file
=> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 616248 /bin/bash

file $(which bash)
/bin/bash:ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1....
Do you think that the system is corrupted ?

I think you're not following directions, which makes it difficult for anyone
to help you. I'm not willing to play guessing games about the ls -l of your
script_file, so maybe someone else can help you.

  • Re: Weird behaviour with Script files
    ... Steve wrote: ... answer: Bad Interepreter!! ... All my script files, start by: ... file $(which bash) ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Re: Weird behaviour with Script files
    ... Steve wrote: ... answer: Bad Interepreter!! ... All my script files, start by: ... For starters, please post the output of these commands: ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Re: New Tour
    ... steve has said he does computer work. ... Hairpie bashes. ... The sock puppets here exist purely to bash. ... He brings both FVH and myself up often enough. ...
    (rec.music.artists.kiss)
  • Re: Mancow Playing Howard Stern Bits
    ... H.I.V. Steve wrote: ... And remember the funny years when he used to bash other shows for buying ...
    (alt.fan.howard-stern)
  • Re: Only 364 more days to go...
    ... The January 8th, 2010 was a sell-out, so if you're thinking about attending ... next year's Bash then you're advised to BOOK EARLY! ... Steve 'Kombat' Kramer replied, "IT SURE WILL" ...
    (rec.food.cooking)