At what point during installation does one enter one's user name?
- From: Gary <LanceGary@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 05:40:59 -0700 (PDT)
I have installed Fedora 8 twice now (on an older laptop), and both
times I have been caught. I have somehow missed the request for a user
name. I have entered a password, but can't recall being asked for a
user name. But when Fedora is installed and reboots, then I am asked
for a user name and a password, and can't seem to get passed that
point in working with Fedora Linux.
Yes, I did do a search, and found that my stupidity is shared with at
least a few other people. But most of the discussion that I found
seemed to be about how to get passed the log-on screen. In my case I
have removed Linux and will try to re-install again. But I really want
to know what to look out for so that I can enter a user name as well
as a pass word, and not experience this deeply frustrating situation
Can anyone enlighten me? You don't have to tell me that I am stupid -
obviously I must have missed something very obvious that any normally
intelligent person would have spotted right away!
Thanks for any help
- Prev by Date: Re: enable 8 bits
- Next by Date: IBM ServeRAID and RHEL4 problems
- Previous by thread: enable 8 bits
- Next by thread: Re: At what point during installation does one enter one's user name?