Re: can redhat support very big partition?

Matt Giwer wrote:
Phillip Liang wrote:

Can redhat treat several hard disks as on big ( 22TB ) partition ?
I heard Scientific Linux CERN SLC can do it.

Partitions cannot be created across physical drives. I presume you should be interested in RAID about which I know nothing.

What *looks* like partitions can, such as LVM or numerous other technologies. 22 TB is well past the 32-bit limit at 2 Terabytes, so requires a more sophisticated technology and preferably 64-bit hardware to handle it.

  • Re: [opensuse] RE: Creating a Mirror (RAID) Partition for root + boot drive
    ... formatting with the correct format and creating a mirror RAID - Is there ... anything special in creating a RAID of the boot+root partitions ... the above where multiples physical drives exist despite running 8 GIG of ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: can redhat support very big partition?
    ... Partitions cannot be created across physical drives. ... I presume you should be interested in RAID about which I know nothing. ... technologies. ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Re: can redhat support very big partition?
    ... I presume you should be interested in RAID about which I know nothing. ... technologies. ... It's technically not a partition, but it sure looks like a block device that you can put a file system on, which is the primary use of partitions. ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • LVM on SW RAID for sarge - success
    ... I've just had success migrating Debian Sarge to root on LVM on RAID. ... First make sure the SCSI BIOS boots from the first disk. ... I made reiserfs on all the filesystem partitions and completed the ... The remaining two disks were partitioned and used to create RAID arrays ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: DANGER!!! Problems with 10.04 installer (RAID devices *will* get corrupted)
    ... but you won't have to actually go through with the second install. ... but given that this is software RAID that shouldn't matter as ... the RAID array will be hosed. ... were detected on the manual partitioning screen and which partitions ...
    (Ubuntu)