Re: can redhat support very big partition?

h.stroph wrote:
In news:482fb2f4$0$3376$4c368faf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
Matt Giwer <jull43@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> typed:

Partitions cannot be created across physical drives. I presume
you should be interested in RAID about which I know nothing.
What *looks* like partitions can, such as LVM or numerous other
technologies. 22 TB is well past the 32-bit limit at 2 Terabytes, so
requires a more sophisticated technology and preferably 64-bit
hardware to handle it.
I was addressing the question that was asked.

"... about which I [obviously] know nothing."

Now, now, be nice. People contribute to these groups because they need help, and because they want to help. That should help get a lot of tolerance and providing more information, not merely insulting someone.

  • Bug report for linux-2.6.0-test7: System crashes when I try to start my software raid
    ... the crashes didn't trash my data or raid headers. ... 00:04.1 IDE interface: VIA Technologies, ... 00:0a.0 Unknown mass storage controller: Triones Technologies, ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • RE: OT - 25 hours!
    ... pending failure, I suspect I'll run for years without problem. ... thought about just making it a giant Raid0 array, ... I think that the real point is that some new technologies make other, ... RAID is what, 20 years old? ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: OT - 25 hours!
    ... I think that the real point is that some new technologies make other, ... The technology (RAID) will have to either evolve or be replaced. ... basically said that the entire RAID standard was on the brink of total collapse because drives were getting so large the chance of an error (causing failure of the rebuild) while rebuilding a failed drive was approaching 100%. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: can redhat support very big partition?
    ... Partitions cannot be created across physical drives. ... I presume you should be interested in RAID about which I know nothing. ... technologies. ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Re: can redhat support very big partition?
    ... Matt Giwer typed: ... you should be interested in RAID about which I know nothing. ... technologies. ... 22 TB is well past the 32-bit limit at 2 Terabytes, ...
    (linux.redhat)