Re: Installation problem

gadi.ben.avi@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Ryan,

I started Linux in runlevel 3 and it started fine.
I then did an init 5 command and the X system started.

I then rebooted. I saw that grub gives me two options for booting.
The default says:
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server (2.6.18-92.el5xen)

The other option is:
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server (2.6.18-92.el5PAE)

If I select the other options, linux boots just fine.

How can I make the other options the default?

TIA

Gadi

Start the editor you like for /etc/grub.conf

Approximately 10 or so lines from the top is one that starts:

default=X

Where "X" equals the stanza to start. Stanzas begin with "title".

Have your editor change "X" to the stanza you would like your
system to start with.

Just beneath default=X is timeout=Y where "Y" is a delay in seconds.

If "Y" is changed to something comfortable, say 10, you have 10 seconds
to hit something like the enter key, when you first see the RHEL 5
splash screen. After that, you can manually select the next code to
be executed, else at the end of the "Y" second timer, the system will
attempt to start at the stanza pointed at by "X".

Best wishes.

--
1PW

@?6A62?FEH9:DE=6o2@=]4@> [r4o7t]