Re: ncurese nodelay problem

Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 8 Sep, 10:33, FurtiveBertie <Furtive_ber...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I am currently porting a very large application from SCO to RHEL.

I have a tricky issue with the ncurses library. ? It is blocking on
getch calls, despite nodelay being correctly set. ?The code has been
working on SCO Openserver 5.0.x for over 15 years.

I have tried different versions of the library, but all exhibit
identical behaviour.

I have seen a couple of old newsgroup posts requesting help with this
issue, but there have been no adequat responses.

Has anyone come across this issue in the past, and solved it please?

TIA

FB

I'm also involved in this: The RHEL is RHEL 5, which is ncurses-5.5.
The SCO code is fascinating old stuff, on SCO OpenServer 5.0.6, built
with a manually compiled gcc-2.7.2 and the SCO Skunkware version of
ncurses-4.2.

ncurses 4.2 is 10 years old (I'm confused about the comment about 15 years).

The ncurses test-programs use nodelay() in several places, and work fine.

I seem to recall some old newsgroup comments (no bug reports) about
timeout() - more details in any case would be useful.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net