Re: How to set 1280 800 (widescreen) resolution in RHE Linux 4?

The only reason I'm using RHEL 4 instead of 5 is that it's free
license is available from our school and for 5 I'll have to pay. I
have to do Systems programming in Linux and therefore don't currently
trust other uncommon implementations of Linux(There are a lot of
minute differences in the system calls provided in different
implementations). The reason I want 1280x800(not 1200x800) is that
this is the full screen resolution in my laptop (widescreen : 15.4
inches) and without this, when I select 1024x768 it covers only a
fraction of screen which limits my mouse movement to that fraction. So
the reason is just my discomfort.

Thanks,
Piyush