Re: Using Knoppix

Mike Bleiweiss wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 16:59:24 -0800
"W. eWatson" <notvalid2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks. I vaguely recall that I might have to mount a filesystem on a
drive. Is that correct or will their be some space to do that in
memory as a filesystem? If the latter, then I'd probably have to put
the resulting exe file a floppy or removable thumb drive.

Knoppix will load up and create a RAM disk filesystem to run itself
from. Where you go from there depends on what you want to do. You can
then mount a USB drive and copy to/from there - or mount up a hard
drive to copy to/from. If you're going to be compiling a binary you'll
want something mounted to send your finished binary to. Hope that
helps.

I'm so out of shape on Linux that last night I tried vi, and couldn't recall how to get to command mode. I plan to mount a small thumb size Sandisk with the C code and present executable. How do I mount one of those things? I vaguely remember fstabs and the mount command>

--
W. eWatson

Web Page: <www.speckledwithstars.net/>

  • Re: Stick memory USB
    ... Sorry to tell you that i'm not trying to create a file with the devfs. ... I just want to try to mount the filesystem (memory stick). ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Using Knoppix
    ... memory as a filesystem? ... Knoppix will load up and create a RAM disk filesystem to run itself ... then mount a USB drive and copy to/from there - or mount up a hard ... If you're going to be compiling a binary you'll ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Re: Peeking at the contents of a mount point
    ... mount point while something else was still mounted on it. ... hidden by the mounted filesystem. ... If you unmount the filesystem, ... This is from memory, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Peeking at the contents of a mount point
    ... mount point while something else was still mounted on it. ... hidden by the mounted filesystem. ... If you unmount the filesystem, ... This is from memory, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: mount() function problem !
    ... mount() attaches the filesystem specified by source (which is often a device name, ... point within a file system. ... details of the options available for each filesystem type. ... Specifies the journalling mode for file data. ...
    (comp.lang.c)