upgrading F8 -> F11

I have been wanting to upgrade to Fedora 11 now that its KDE is good. I
currently have Fedora 8, updated as much as it can be since it's EOL now.

I've been reading about the preupgrade program, installed it and see it
supports an upgrade to either F10 or F11. However, I have also read a bug
report that it doesn't support F10.

I've had good luck upgrading over the years, rather than reinstalling, and
I'm willing to work out the differences, but I want to be able to get to a
75% complete system as I have for all the others I've done. My video card
has long been supported by X, my other hardware is older too. KDE is my
environment and I know that 4.2 is different since I've trialed it on
another machine.

So I have 2 questions:

1. Has anyone done a F8 to F11 upgrade and how did it go for you?

2. Has anyone used preupgrade to do this?

Thanks muchly

  • Re: Feature Proposal: Rolling Updates (was Re: WHY I WANT TO STOP USING FEDORA!!!)
    ... When you update Fedora ... I am well aware of libraries. ... During ANY update you do on your F10 ... just *one* application which requires an upgrade (which is not totally ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Feature Proposal: Rolling Updates (was Re: WHY I WANT TO STOP USING FEDORA!!!)
    ... When you update Fedora ... During ANY update you do on your F10 ... system libraries are affected. ... If you update just *one* application which requires an upgrade of a library, you break every application which needed the old library as it was. ...
    (Fedora)
  • QT 3.3 and upgrade KDE to 3.3: newbie question
    ... UPGRADE a upgraded my fedora to 2.6.8.-1.521. ... I wanted to install some software (KNetStats, ... I have some questions about QT and KDE related to upgrading. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: what has yum update done?
    ... A VM is very different from the computer for which an upgrade is ... two identical computers around so they can upgrade? ... Do you realise that you live in a world most users of Fedora and most ... Are you trying to show that when I'm looking for reliability, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: New to Fedora
    ... > I used to run Red Hat 6,7,8,9, but have not ran Fedora as of yet. ... "upgrade" of your system. ... you can download a small boot.iso medium and do a "network install". ... pointing the utilities to the new version repositories and then running ...
    (Fedora)