Kernel 2.2.5-15 No Input Device

Hesllo!

Sorry to disturb anyone. I have a server running commercial software (Informix propriety software).

Suddenly the mouse stopped and some time later the keyboard refused my orders.

Kernel 2.2.5-15 RH6. During bootup at least the keyboard is working, so I can access the BIOS, but shortly before showing up the login display, it stops. So it can not be a wiring problem.

If someone is out there, who has an idea where to look for possible clues, I would appreciate every hint.

Sorry for inconvenience, I know the system is very old, but my software company wants at least 20K for a new system.

Thank you,

Ernst

  • Re: Kernel 2.2.5-15 No Input Device
    ... Sorry to disturb anyone. ... (Informix propriety software). ... Kernel 2.2.5-15 RH6. ... I can access the BIOS, but shortly before showing up the login display, ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Im back
    ... Sorry to disturb you again but the same program is creating a heap of ... this time it is not showing any results at all, it takes an input and then ...
    (perl.beginners)