Re: Boot problems

In news:i3gj06dl0i51g6go37bqhtkon2077a32ho@xxxxxxx,
John B. Slocomb <johnbslocomb@xxxxxxxxxxx> typed:

Using Fedora 13 the system suddenly stopped booting after about a week
of running correctly

A strange statement ... my machines are only rebooted after a new kernel
install or for annual dust cleaning.

Can anyone help?

Repair the installation by booting from the install CD or DVD.

  • Re: Looooong Horror story, 10.04.4 LTS on an amd turion 64 bit laptop version
    ... disable ipv6 stuff in 2 of the other 4 machines here in order to make ... I used a procedure which installed a custom combo of kernel 3.5.7 + ... which appeared to install without any gotchas. ... The update-manager finished, I had it recheck, nothing left to do so I ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Looooong Horror story, 10.04.4 LTS on an amd turion 64 bit laptop version
    ... disable ipv6 stuff in 2 of the other 4 machines here in order to make ... I used a procedure which installed a custom combo of kernel 3.5.7 + ... which appeared to install without any gotchas. ... No networking at all, usb detection of my plugging in the radio dongle ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Pros & Cons for AMD 64b vs. Athlon based Linux box
    ... Athlon 64 machines, a 3400+ laptop and a 3800+ desktop. ... note that I'm using a custom kernel on both. ... Nforce 3 or Nforce 4 systems. ... list the 64 bit version of Mandrake 10.2 will install on a Nforce + SATA ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Optimising FreeBSD
    ... I'm still fairly new to this, so I hope you all don't mind another ... I have 2 machines which I want to run FreeBSD on. ... Am I right in saying that COPTFLAGS is used for kernel builds and CFLAGS ... need to go through them all one by one and 'make install clean' them? ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Licence caanot be authorised on new PC
    ... Microsoft has no de-activation system. ... install it on another computer. ... Office 2007 Ultimate working correctly on 3 machines, ... Can you please definitively clarify whether the licence covers 2 or 3 ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)