Re: Fedora 13 - eth0 on boot

Mike Webb schreef:
Hi guys i don't know much (well hardly anything) about linux, I'm am trying to learn!!

basically my problem is eth0 does not seem to be active on boot.

my main aim is to create a file server for a small network (uni house), the plan is to have one place where we can all keep our films, tv shows etc which can be accessed by our media centre, xbox and any pc's connected to the network, using SMB.

at the moment i need to run

# /etc/init.d/network restart

every time i turn the server on, to give the eth0 a kick up the butt, which is very annoying. i would like to control the server using SSH but cant do this until it connects to the network. (also can i actually do this before logging a user in anyway?, i dont want a monitor/keyboard connected to the server basically.)

Any help much appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!!

can you run the following command, in a terminal window:

cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0|grep -i onboot

On my system it shows:

If yours shows no then you should edit the file /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0

Kind regards,

Jan Gerrit Kootstra