Re: lsattr understanding

There are 78282 files in this users directory tree.

I tried moving the entire account to a different named account however at
some time during
the move the -I- reappeared.

So at this point it is my guess that the file system (RAID 5 - PCI)
decides
to set this bit for
faster access to the files?

Have you bothered to read the manpage for lsattr? Hint: It will refer you
the the chattr manpage for the description of the attributes.

read them all, couple of times............but it still doesn't explain how
moving the
entire account to a new place with a different name caused the -I-........
it was a little unclear how this bit could get set in the first place, let
alone how to
remove it.

;-\

  • Re: OT: Moving to France
    ... job what additional hassle will there be in moving country instead of ... just moving house? ... account, ... lunch, to a 'poor man's America', a consumer society where the high streets ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)
  • Re: Speeds of light
    ... evidence that all distant stars are moving away from us and those ... What we actually observe is that the spectral patterns ... with the observed reality that redshift offers an account of. ... particularly good reason for us to abandon those explanations which have ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: still cant use Entourage, PowerPoint, Excel
    ... support.microsoft.com for Office 2004 for Mac, including moving all the ... prefs files to a desktop folder, ... files to the desktop folder, trying this for every single Office pref ... can continue troubleshooting by using the new user account. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office)
  • Re: Total confusing "Permission denied" message
    ... a directory permissions problem. ... I fixed it by moving to a new home ... personal account and now I'm moving everything to the service ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: lsattr understanding
    ... I tried moving the entire account to a different named account however ... So at this point it is my guess that the file system ... meaning that even an old kernel ...
    (linux.redhat)