Re: lsattr understanding

There are 78282 files in this users directory tree.

I tried moving the entire account to a different named account however at
some time during
the move the -I- reappeared.

So at this point it is my guess that the file system (RAID 5 - PCI)
decides
to set this bit for
faster access to the files?

Have you bothered to read the manpage for lsattr? Hint: It will refer you
the the chattr manpage for the description of the attributes.

read them all, couple of times............but it still doesn't explain how
moving the
entire account to a new place with a different name caused the -I-........
it was a little unclear how this bit could get set in the first place, let
alone how to
remove it.

;-\